Find a Job that will Sponsor you with GoinGlobal

If you are an international student, you know that after graduation, your work authorization if you apply for Optional Practical Training only lasts for 12 months, after which, if you are in a STEM field, you can reapply for an additional 2 year extension. However, what if you want to stay and continue working in the United States after that? In most cases, you would need to appeal to your employer for sponsorship of an H-1B visa or some other sort of work visa. This is a costly and time consuming process, and not every employer is willing to do this. Many employers have a question on their application form asking whether you will require sponsorship in the future, and in most cases, international students who have recently graduated need to answer yes. Wouldn’t it be nice to know in advance whether the company you are applying to is willing to sponsor employees on H-1B visas?
Earlham’s Center for Global and Career Education has a solution for you! Did you know that Earlham College’s GoinGlobal subscription includes a directory of U.S. employers who have hired folks on H-1B visas?
Contact your career coach or a peer career coach for more information!
Access GoingGlobal in The Heart (Campus Life tab, under the CGCE section)
By Candice Quiñones
Candice Quiñones Director of International Student and Scholar Services