Future Nobel Laureates Scholarship
Website: Future Nobel Laureates Scholarship
Campus Contact: Roger Adkins, Executive Director of Global Education
During this fully-funded program designed based on the Standards of Good Practice for education abroad, the selected students will participate in and receive credit for an online project-based course, travel to Sweden for an international field study, and attend sessions at the 2022 Nobel Week Dialogue: a collaborative event that brings some of the world’s leading scientists, policy-makers, and thinkers together to explore scientific topics through a global lens. Led by distinguished international faculty leaders, scholarship recipients will tackle global challenges through action learning projects.
Who May Apply
- be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing at an institution of higher education;
- be fluent in written and spoken English;
- have access to reliable internet service; and
- be available to travel to Stockholm, Sweden, in early December for one week. (Note: Must be able to be excused from classes.)
- Students from first-generation families and higher education institutions around the world are strongly encouraged to apply.
Nominations are rated based on:
- Relevance of proposed project to Nobel prompt/theme and level of commitment to project implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams; and
- Quality of nominator’s recommendation
Students identified as finalists may be invited to a phone or Skype conversation to discuss their work with 1-2 members of the Global Leadership Scholarship Selection Committee prior to finalizing the list of finalists. In these conversations, students will be rated based on:
● Ability to leverage resources provided by the program to advance own knowledge and continued involvement;
● Evidence of interest in intercultural communication; and
● Your own description of how the experience will benefit you and your community(ies).
Award Description and Duration
- Award will cover the full cost of participation in both the project-based course and the on-site program in Sweden
- Award is for the upcoming fall semester
Application Requirements and Deadline
The application deadline falls during the spring semester and changes from year to year.
Items below should be submitted through the online application.
- Online application form
- Letter of recommendation (preferably from an administrator or faculty member at your school, but other recommenders are acceptable)
- Fall 2022: Daryl Mifsud ’22, Peace and Global Studies
- Fall 2021: Trevor Marimbire ’22, Quantitative Economics