Location: Philadelphia, PA Experience Type: Career-Discerning Experiences / Grad School Exploration / Off-Campus Program
If you are accepted to Intern Philly the advisors and faculty match you to an internship placement based on your goals for exploring a career path, establishing a network in your desired professional field, and/or preparing for graduate or professional school. Your experience at Intern Philly will amplify your on-campus studies by providing you with the professional skills, life experience and applied learning to make your resume stand out to potential employers and admissions officers.
Intern Philly offers…
- Customized internship placements across Philadelphia in a wide variety of fields
- Courses in Center City — the heart of downtown — that get you out of the classroom to engage the professional, social, and cultural diversity of the city, as well as bring that diversity of perspective and experience into the classroom
- Mentoring at your internship and from program faculty and staff that allows time to discuss and reflect on your experiences studying and working in Philadelphia, with an eye toward building your independence, adaptability, initiative-taking, problem solving skills, and resilience sought by employers
- Networking opportunities with other young urban professionals, as well as interview skills training and guidance on writing resumes and cover letters and networking pitches
- Health, safety and student life guidance to help you learn to navigate the city